Welcome to the Online General Petition to receive Transfer Credit. Please use this online form to submit petition(s) to transfer credit(s) for coursework completed at another institution to your UChicago academic record.  Note that this is for current UChicago undergraduate students only. Courses taken as part of a UChicago-sponsored direct enrollment program do not require a petition for credit. 

Prior to starting the petition forms, you should:

  1. Review the transfer credit guidelines found here as well as the quarter/semester hour credit translation found here.
  2. Identify the course(s) you intend to take at another institution.
  3. Access a course description for each course you intend to take. (required)
  4. Acquire a syllabus for each course. (optional, but preferred)
  5. Determine how you intend to use the transfer credit. Options include General Education (Core) Requirements, Major, Minor, and General Elective.

If you are on a leave of absence or have completed your quarters of enrollment at UChicago, please include a non-UChicago email address in your petition.

Credit for up to five courses may be requested in a single petition. Please do not submit courses individually unless they are from different institutions.

Students may not receive transfer credit for courses taken elsewhere while on suspension from UChicago.

You should be prepared to complete the petition once you begin. Once you start the petition process you can not save your work and come back to it.

If you are a college transfer student enrolling at UChicago for the first time, please complete and return the transfer credit forms via the link sent to you by the Admissions Office. If your CNET ID is currently inactive, please contact the office of the Dean of Students.

Click to continue to the petition »